Paramedic - Kidsport Dispatch/Transport Communication Specialist
Akron Childrens Hospital in Akron, OH
- Industry: Firefighting - Dispatcher
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $81,955.00 - 46,400.00 / Year*
Akron Children?s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children?s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(2) 12 hour shifts in Kidsport Dispatch. (1) 12 hour shift in Transport Communication Specialist
Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Kidsport Dispatcher acts as a liaison and coordinates inter and intra-facility transports and patient referrals to the Akron Children's Hospitals enterprise and will perform under written EMS protocols.
1. Acts as a liaison and coordinates inter and intra-facility transports and patient referrals to the Akron Children's Hospitals enterprise and will perform under written EMS protocols.
2. Operates various communication equipment, maintains required documentation related to patient referrals, and follow up to the referring institution/service.
3. Participates in performance improvement/quality assurance.
4. Participates in disaster management plan implementation.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience with basic medical terminology is required.
2. Experience in state and local EMS regulations and organizational policies regarding disaster management is required.
3. Experience in computer data entry is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Paramedic licensure is required; current Health Care Provider BLS training is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 year of paramedic experience.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more:
Position: MAINTENANCE SECURITY
Associated topics: 911, ambulance, call, communication specialist, dispatcher, emt, police, public safety, telecommunications, telecommunicator
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Akron, OH!