Petroleum Supply Specialist (92F) (Woodhaven)
Employment Type: Part-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist
Job ID: 1233750
Job Views: 5
Location: BROOKLYN, New York, United States
ZIP Code: 11252
Job Category: Supply and Logistics
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Fuel is one of the most vital components of the Army National Guard. It's what keeps Soldiers pushing onward, and as a Petroleum Supply Specialist, you'll make sure they'll never run out. In this position, you will ensure the proper handling, storage, and shipment of petroleum-based products, such as oil, fuel, and compressed gas.
Petroleum Supply Specialists primarily supervise and manage the reception, storage, and shipping of bulk or packaged petroleum products. This may include operating specialized pumping equipment to load trucks, ships, trains, and aircraft; selecting and submitting samples of petroleum-based products for testing; performing petroleum and water accounting activities; testing petroleum samples for contamination, repairing specialized equipment, and being knowledgeable about facility safety procedures and storage guidelines.
As your skills increase, so will your responsibilities. Advanced Petroleum Supply Specialists take on management duties, such as supervising and training other Soldiers, assigning duties and spot checking work quality, and assuring adherence to safety procedures.
* Receive and stock bulk and package products
* Issue and dispense bulk fuels and water from storage and distribution facilities to using units
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Operating airplane refueling systems and equipment
* Planning and scheduling petroleum transport
* Testing oil and fuels
* Interest in shop mechanics and business math
* Enjoy physical work
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with oil refineries, pipeline companies, and tanker truck and ship lines.
Earn While You Learn
Get paid to learn! Join the Army National Guard and you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance. The Guard even offers certified apprenticeship programs for some specialties in this occupation.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which includes a combination of hands-on and classroom training.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Associated topics: crude, ethanol, fluid, operator, pipeline, recycling, refinery, refinement, refinement operation, refine operator
Loading some great jobs for you...