EMT Basic - Ground Ambulance - Rotating
Compensation: $35,240.00 - $55,080.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > KEARNEY > GOOD SAMARITAN
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses, treats and provides transportation to patients according to established State of Nebraska Emergency Medical Services rules and regulations, State of Nebraska Model Protocols, and hospital policies and procedures, independently, collaboratively or under the supervision of paramedics, physicians, physician assistants, or registered nurses and according to the scopes of practice allowed by the State of Nebraska and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Provides, assists with or participates in education for team members and community.
- Performs and ensures safe, knowledgeable age-specific patient care in a holistic manner.
- Performs value-added activities that result in positive financial performance and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate of a Nebraska approved EMS training program.
- Must hold Nebraska license as an Emergency Medical Technician.
- For employees hired after January 01, 2013, must have and maintain National Registry Certification
- Current BLS card.
- Must have a current driver's license with an excellent driving history and be able to operate an ambulance in emergency situations.
- One year of experience as an EMS provider on a licensed ambulance service.
- Must be able to pass physical ability test and be able to lift and move all weights of patients and equipment through all types of obstacles with assistance.
- Must possess the ability to think independently and collaborative under emergency situations with the safety of self and others in mind while assessing and treating patients.
- Ability to see and hear in order to perform routine assessment duties.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, visitors and guests.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Requisition ID: 2020-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Market: CHI Health
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency medical technician, ems, emt, emt b, emt basic, lpct, paramedic, slh, technician ii
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...