Public Safety Officer - Part-Time - Miami Beach Convention Center
Compensation: $35,960.00 - $74,280.00 /year *
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Miami Beach Convention Center is seeking part time on call Public Safety Officers with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards.
This position is responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises; securing property during move in/out trade shows, conventions or events by performing the following duties.
The art of meeting begins at the iconic Miami Beach Convention Center; where global business and creative collaboration get a spark of tropical inspiration.
The newly re-defined Miami Beach Convention Center, often described as a 'Center of Creative Collaboration,' will continue as a 'Gateway to the Americas' by accommodating and attracting national and international events and conventions. The Center hosts national and international trade such as Art Basel Miami Beach and eMerge Americas. The renovated building, complete in 2018, feature nearly 500,000 feet of exhibit space, a brand new 60,000 square foot ballroom, and 81 meeting rooms comprising 190,000 square feet.
* Secures property.
* Locks and unlocks facility doors.
* Conducts routine property walks.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Writes reports to include Incident Reports, Workers' Compensation Injury Reports, Operations Department Absentee Reports, etc.
* Answers Public Safety Department Office telephones as required.
* Interacts with the public and all levels of management and fellow employees.
* Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises.
* Appropriately deals with 'unruly' people.
* Works independently, and judges and assesses situations for immediate response.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma or G.E.D.
* A minimum of six (6) months of security experience, preferably in a similar environment.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
* Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
* Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic.
* Computer skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook as well as familiarity with office equipment.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
* Current Valid Florida Class D License required.
* Valid driver's license required.
* This position will require a considerable amount of walking, sitting, stooping, and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. This position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings. It also may be subjected to adverse condition, including physical contact from hostile individuals.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together we transform events into experiences. These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Associated topics: explosive detection, guard, loss control, public safety officer, safety report, school, secure, surveillance, unarmed, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...