Principal Data Architect
Compensation: $94,330.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking a Principal Data Architect to lead Data architecture and Design of central DWH and analytical pipeline. This position will partner with business, analytics and engineering teams to design, build and maintain our growing Data Warehousing and Analytical reporting Environment. You will define the streaming data infrastructure in working with Engineering and Business teams. You will build ease of use data structures to facilitate reporting and monitoring key performance indicators. You will identify internal/external data sources to design and implement table structure, data products, ETL strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelinesResponsibilities :
Basic Qualifications :
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data, logging and reporting requirements.
- Design and own the way real-time data is consumed, stored, and analyzed
- Work side-by-side with other senior engineers and independently drive projects from inception, specification, execution, or to launch
- Work with Engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
- Develop best practices to design table structures and ETL strategy
- Develop Data Quality Frameworks to increase reliability of the data pipelines. Build and gain trust in data.
- Develop best practices for ETL routines built on orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Perform System, Data systems and ETL tuning as necessary.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards/reports using Tableau and Looker
- Coach and mentor team members to improve their designs and ETL processes
Preferred Education :
- 7+ years of relevant Professional experience.
- 7+ years work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments. Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
- 5 + years experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Redshift.
- 2+ Years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
- Experience in either streaming platforms (Flink, Spark, or similar) or distributed messaging (Kafka, Kinesis, or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in Streaming and Real-time Applications
- 2+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
- Expert level understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Expertise in Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
- Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Chartio, etc.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
Associated topics: data analyst, data architect, data center, data integration, data integrity, data management, data scientist, data warehouse, mongo database, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...