Dispatcher- First Group
Compensation: $43,210.00 - $58,360.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you interested in becoming a Dispatcher?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
502 NP Ave. Fargo, ND 58102
First Transit is looking for a Dispatcher in Fargo, ND. Our Dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
Our Dispatcher will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
Our Dispatcher are responsible for:
- Dispatching duties
- Auditing service, routes and road conditions and recommends alternate routes to dispatch as appropriate.
- Monitoring and coaching operator performance and behavior; models passenger interaction skills, coaches operators in use of time, checks and instructs periodically on proper revenue, transfers and farebox data collection, and recommends training or retraining, as appropriate to ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Investigating accidents, incidents, disputes and disturbances as assigned, in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with involved authorities.
- Conducting time point and passenger load checks to ensure schedule and route efficiency.
- Writes reports regarding service disruptions, security incidents and operator performance/behavior in accordance with policies and procedures. May assist operators in filing of reports.
- Assists in the processing and follow up of customer service complaints and requests.
To qualify as a Dispatcher, you ll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain a CDL license
- Supervisory experience required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience required as a full time Bus Operator.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help in a variety of situations
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Associated topics: 911, call, communication specialist, customer service, dispatch, dispatcher, emd, emt, public safety, telecommunicator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...