Business Development Manager
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Leap develops and operates stores for premium emerging brands. On the Leap platform, brands can connect with customers by rapidly deploying efficient and modern experiential retail stores that work in concert with ecomm. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver impactful customer experiences and incremental growth enabling premium brands to capture more share, and powerful insights that accelerate product innovation and overall growth.
The Business Development Manager role is a unique opportunity to work directly with our founders and Brand Management team to evaluate and partner with the leading brands of tomorrow, today emerging high growth consumer brands, with killer value propositions and passionate fans, in a range of categories (e.g. apparel/fashion, home goods, and more). Reporting directly to our Founders/Co-CEOs, you will develop the Brand Partnership function, leading key strategic functions including development of target brand/customer profiles, creation of outbound and inbound business development channel strategies, and direct engagement and contracting with new and existing brands/customers, to drive growth of the business. This role will also represent Leap in the market attending industry conferences, taking initial exploratory meetings with brand owners / prospective customers and running point on demand generation tactics, as a face of the company, to generate qualified opportunities with highly desirable brands/customers.
This is the right role for an entrepreneurial, strategic thinker who understands demand generation and business development; franchise/platform development and leading from the front line, with the desire and capacity to play a critical role in building a venture scale company from the early stages.
New brand partnership development:
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Leap's opportunity set with brands in desired categories (top of funnel), e.g. programming and executing strategies for industry forums (e.g. Shoptalk) and Leap's own events, leveraging existing investor and corporate relationships and referrals, other channels to connect with Founders/Principals and other senior leaders of targeted brands.
- Engage with brand owners to sell in Leap platform and collect inputs/data for qualification of opportunities to further engage.
- Manage qualified opportunities through the funnel from sell-in and mutual fit exploration to contracting and onboarding, in collaboration with senior leadership serving as the key point person for Leap along the way.
Existing brand partner engagement/growth:
- In partnership with Leap's Brand Management team; develop, implement and optimize engagement frameworks for existing brands to grow store count on the Leap Platform.
CRM / data management:
- Own and manage B2B CRM for tracking and analysis of pipeline activity including engagement and conversion KPIs to ensure on-target performance and inform strategic planning.
- Optimize overall strategy and specific tactics / channels to realize efficiencies and quality of leads while maintaining holistic view of overall funnel.
Key competencies & attributes for success:
- 4-6 years of Business Development in context of high stakes customer/vendor relationship / sale
- Demonstrable track record of success in landing and growing targeted accounts
- Strong grasp of retail and e-commerce industry landscape
- Strong teamwork skills; experienced with cross-functional team collaboration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong ability to operate in the weeds without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly evolving working environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style self-starting, highly accountable, strong ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions; strong desire to win; high output
- Team development and operational management/leadership is a plus
Outcomes & measures of success:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Efficiently and effectively seed, develop, and land business with targeted brands, which translates to successful execution of stores on the Leap Platform.
- Development of scalable lead generation and qualification framework which can be optimized against varying platform considerations e.g. brand category, underwriting analysis variables, etc.
- Position Leap as the leading Retail-as-a-Service Platform in the marketplace with respect to brands and key industry partners (e.g. Landlords and brokers).
Loading some great jobs for you...