EMT Hospital Based Program
LifeLine Ambulance (CA) in Los Angeles, CA
- Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health - Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $36,370.00 - 59,070.00 / Year*
Job Title EMT Hospital Based Program
Location Hollywood, CA
Department Field Operations
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shifts hiring Full-time
Transports, and administers basic life support treatment, to sick or injured persons in the pre-hospital and inter-facility settings, as authorized by the local EMS Agency Medical Director, by performing the following duties, within the prescribed scope of practice and all applicable regulatory guidelines for pre-hospital care:
- Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives the specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified locations and hospitals. Monitors communication equipment to maintain contact with the dispatcher.
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish basic life support procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Removes or assists in removal of victims from vehicles, or the scene of an accident or catastrophe, and assists in the transfer of victims to receiving facilities. Assists in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties at scene of an accident or catastrophe.
- Takes and records patient s vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rate. Administers prescribed treatment at the site of an emergency, or in specially equipped vehicles, performing such activities as first aid, immobilization of injuries, application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of basic life support procedures.
- Assists admitting and billing personnel to obtain and record information related to the patient s vital statistics and to establish the necessity for medical transportation.
- Maintains, vehicles, medical and communication equipment and replenishes equipment and supplies. Completes field care report patient billing /trip ticket and daily driver's unit checkout form.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities including chart audits, peer reviews and focused studies.
- Participates in continuing education activities as a student, instructor and proctor.
- Serves as a company representative promoting positive customer relationships through proactive involvement in public business and community activities.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required; or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Current certification as a basic cardiac life support provider, required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California Driver s License
- California Ambulance Driver s license
- State of California EMT-1 Certification
- Medical Examiner s Certificate (DL 51)
- Orange County Provider s License (if applicable)
- City of Los Angeles DOT permit (if applicable)
- Acceptable California DMV Printout (H-6)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to accurately complete forms and write concise and accurate reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to co-workers, licensed healthcare professionals, communications center personnel, supervisors, managers and administrators.
- Ability to listen actively and comprehend the meaning of communications with co-workers, licensed healthcare professionals, communications center personnel, supervisors, managers and administrators.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret routine performance data and bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts based on both objective and subjective data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret basic physiological and psychological signs and symptoms and identify those that are not normal.
Occasionally: Required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
Frequently: Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
Constantly: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Frequently: Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
LifeLine Ambulance is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency medical technician, patient transport, pmt, service technician, technician, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv, technician basic
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Los Angeles, CA!