Founding Software Engineer (full-stack)
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Loyalty Rover is not another trip planning tool. We are a consumer-focused search engine that is reinventing the travel shopping experience by allowing travelers to search by using cash or loyalty rewards. As the only loyalty centric search platform, Loyalty Rover will be well-positioned to more effectively serve travelers needs throughout their travel selection journey.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the founding software engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop the initial technical framework for a product that revolutionizes the travel industry. Working with the other co-founders, you will lead the development of the main features and products using a front-end, back-end, and deployment technology stack of your choice. This role is perfect for you if you want ownership over the development process and looking to learn what it takes to bring a product from proven concept to reality. Years of experience don t matter as long as we are fully aligned on accomplishing our mission.
- Are passionate about the prospect of joining an early-stage startup and leading technical development
- Mission driven and comfortable with early equity compensation, followed by salary compensation
- You have full stack software development work experience, and ideally have built products in a startup environment
- You have an advanced proficiency in in full-stack web development
- You have experience owning and shipping entire features end-to-end
OUR PREFERRED TECH
At Loyalty Rover, our goal is a full-stack web application using the following technologies:
- Back-end: A RESTful API to power the front-end, ideally written in a modern framework such as Django, Laravel, or Ruby on Rails
- Database: SQL-based to allow other business analysts to work with data independently
- Deployment: Container technology such as docker running on one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
Experience in designing and implementing a full-stack web application is critical. We are open to different web technologies and are looking for someone who can promote their own vision of what a modern web application can be.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This position can be remote, with collaboration via slack and google hangouts. The CEO will lead all customer/user, operational, financing, and business related matters. The Founding Software Developer will be expected to collaborate closely with the CEO on all technical aspects related to the product, business, and customers.
Currently, we ve held extensive in-person interviews with over 50+ prospective users to test each proposed feature for optimal product/market fit to reduce time to market.
First 3 months
- Build profile and onboarding functionality and improve/move design into production
- Connect flight and hotel metasearch white label API and set up database for paid flight and hotel fare mapping
- Plan loyalty search functionality
Next 3 months
- Develop loyalty search functionality
- Integrate loyalty APIs, develop custom database of loyalty flight and hotel fares
- Review - you'll hear from us within 24-72 hours of applying
- Phone Call - a quick call to learn who you are and discuss the role (we want to know the real you and get your ideas for developing the product!)
- Take Home Assessment - a realistic problem to solve on your own time
- Interview 2 hour interview, where you discuss your thoughts for the role, walk through your take home assessment, add some additional functionality to it, and meet our team
- Offer - this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
Associated topics: algorithm, application, back end, developer, java, programming, python, sde, sdet, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...