EMT-B - 1st shift FT
Monarch Landing in Naperville, IL
- Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health - Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $41,460.00 - 83,280.00 / Year*
General Services - Security/EMT/Security Officer/EMT
Monarch LandingThe EMT-B/Security Officer is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical care to residents, employees and visitors. The EMT-B/Security Officer is also responsible for executing the company s security routines in order to provide a safe and secure environment. This position requires state licensing/certification and an EMT-B or EMT-P.
Essential Functions Include the Following:
- Provides medical treatment as an EMT-B by responding to emergency and non-emergency calls in accordance with the EMS Region s SOP.
- Evaluates the medical needs of patients and coordinates with key partners in order to provide the appropriate level of care to patients.
- Dispatches public emergency services personnel and/or private ambulance services when necessary.
- Stabilizes and treats patients on site until the care of the patient is properly transferred to other responding agencies.
- Completes reports that describe the nature of the incident, assessment, treatment and outcome of the situation in compliance with Region 8 EMS system s SOP s.
- Serves as a liaison between the community and local first responders within the parameters of the Incident Command System as necessary.
- Makes scheduled rounds both inside and outside the buildings to maintain a secure environment for resident and their property as well as company property.
- Responds to and manages incidents in the community when necessary (fire, vehicle, mechanical, crime, etc.).
- Staffs the gatehouse and the front desk as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school education or GED required.
- Current EMT-Basic License/Certification through the State of Illinois required.
- Valid IL State driver s license with a good driving record required.
- Must meet Edward EMS System entry requirements and be functioning as an EMT-B within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Ability to maintain current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
- Ability to maintain continuing education hours as mandated by the State of Illinois
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, flexibility and integrity.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to write reports in a clear, concise manner with good grammar and spelling.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
DEPARTMENT: General Services
DIVISION: Security and Emergency Services
STATUS: 1st Shift
MONARCH LANDING IS AN E. O. E.
Email To A Friend
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency room, emt basic, emt p, lpct, paramedic, patient transport, service technician, technician, technician emergency
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Naperville, IL!