ED Associate (GV)
Compensation: $87,120.00 - $62,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of six (6) months registration experience in hospital or related healthcare setting, required.
Typing 20 wpm, required.
Ability to use general office equipment, required.
Good verbal and written communication skills, requiredJob Description
Registers patients to ensure data collected is correct for the purpose of hospital record and billing. Performs clerical and communication functions for optimal operation of department. Coordinates activities with other departments. Functions as a receptionist to greet and assist guests entering the unit. Serves as a primary resource in providing information and facilitating services in the Emergency Department. Performs patient registration, billing, exit and clerical support activities.
1. Performs admission/registration, pre-admission/pre-registration, and co-pay collection process and financial functions.
2. Performs reception functions.
3. Performs Order Entry functions.
4. Performs collection functions.
5. Serves as a backup to other staff members (escorting patients to other areas, delivering me dical records to other areas, obtaining test results, etc.), as required.Serves as a primary resource in providing information and facilitating services in the Emergency Department.
Greets patients, visitors and employees to the Emergency Department and overall facility in a courteous and friendly manner.
Assists medical staff, other hospital departments, physicians, affiliates, patients and their families with requests for information and services.
Provides interpretation of regulations to patients (i.e. visiting hours, patient services, etc.).
Provides information regarding facility regulations and services.
Answers telephone calls and takes messages, responding with appropriate department protocol.
Provides facility rules and regulations, upon request.
6. Performs administrative functions to facilitate patient registration.
Interviews patients/significant others and obtains all relevant demographic and insurance data.
Obtains necessary signatures and makes copies of relevant documentation.
Maintains current knowledge of changes in regulations, or policies and procedures, with regard to insurance requirements, hospital policies, etc.
Ensures patients are charged for all services accordingly and initiates corrective action, as needed. Codes insurance carriers and other system information.
Accurately documents all required information in department log book or computer log.
Assigns on-line account numbers. Communicates with Medical Records to see if patient has an existing account number.
7. Prepares and maintains patient chart packages.
Prepares chart package to include chart, triage note, ED identification card, labels and visitor pass.
Ensures charts are available for medical staff in a timely manner.
Reviews ED census with copies of charts that are collected after services are rendered.
Reviews and ensures charts are accurately documented and completed after services are rendered.
Documents charges and payment data and ensures charts are accurately coded and prepared for billing.
Prepares charts for transfer to Data Processing. Performs chart break down for billing, filing and/or transfer to Medical Records.
8. Manages department on-call systems.
Pages and contacts medical personnel, physicians, laboratory, etc.
Assists staff, affiliated physicians and patients/family members acquire needed information, contacts or services.
Initiates Disaster Plan, when necessary.
Utilizes reference lists for referrals when requested.
9. Submits laboratory test orders, as required. Receives and documents results.
Processes orders as instructed, ensuring proper labeling of specimens and timely transport to lab.
Notifies medical staff of test results in a timely manner.
Maintains accurate records of orders submitted and follows up with outside departments for results. Ensures results are documented in patient chart.
10. Performs general clerical duties to promote efficient functioning of department.
Responsible for maintaining accurate and efficient records.
Locates, sorts and files needed information, materials or records and paperwork, both medical and general.
Routinely operates office equipment.
Answers telephone and receives visitors in a courteous manner, as required.
11. Performs related duties as required. * ADA Essential Functions* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...