ED Patient Care Technician Per Diem
Compensation: $35,080.00 - $47,540.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must successfully complete facility's training program within probationary period OR have current related certification in patient care.
- Successful completion of BLS course upon completion of orientation, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related direct patient care experience, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of phlebotomy procedures, EKG equipment, and cardiac monitors, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and follow written and/or oral instructions.
Participates in direct patient care activities, under the supervision of clinical healthcare team, in support of Emergency service operations. Responsibilities Include:
- Participates in delegated patient care activities, as assigned by clinician.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, respirations, pulse, weight, and height) using appropriate equipment.
- Draws blood and other various specimens. Processes specimens following established procedures and techniques.
- Performs electrocardiograms on patients and maintains related equipment.
- Observes cardiac and other patient monitors. Recognizes arrhythmias, obtains documentary strips, and promptly notifies appropriate clinician.
- Performs grade I and II decubitus care, as required.
- Records all patient care activities in medical record.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Informs RN and healthcare team members of any observed significant changes in patient's condition.
- Participates in emergency situations as assigned by clinician.
- Performs CPR, as required.
- Assists clinician with bleeding control, suturing, crutch setting, splinting, etc.
- Assists in restraining patients, as needed, according to established policies.
- Escorts or transports patients within facility.
- Uses proper body mechanics, obtains help and/or uses appropriate equipment when lifting, moving or transferring patients to/from stretchers, assisting them into wheelchairs, etc.
- Picks-up and delivers specimens, materials and equipment, as required.
- Adheres to infection control standards in the performance of job duties. Cleans and disinfects related equipment and supplies.
- Assists in checking, stocking and supplies, as required.
- Maintains ongoing communication with healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Communicates any concerns needing immediate attention to appropriate healthcare team member.
- Conveys needed information to patients and visitors.
- Responds to patient call lights, requests, and/or comfort needs, as assigned by clinician.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Associated topics: cardiac, care, certified home health aide, certified medication technician, certified residential medication aide, crma, delivery room, home health aide, midwife, stp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...