Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-I, EMT-A, EMT-P)
Compensation: $33,470.00 - $48,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Looking to Strengthenyour positive impact on patients' lives,your level of excitement at work,and your compensation?We thrive on change.[So can you!]
The role of an EMT/Paramedic at Octapharma Plasma is rewarding in every sense of the word. No two days are the same as every situation brings exciting new challenges-ones we meet with genuine empathy, skill, and enthusiasm. Our rapidly expanding organization offers the ability to enhance lives, exhilarating work, and the compensation you deserve. Join us as a:
This Is What You'll Do:
- Perform medical evaluation of potential donors for automated plasmapheresis procedures
- Determine donor suitability of new applicants in consultation with a donor center physician
- Provide limited emergency care, including the administration of medications or treatments
- Determine donor suitability for new applicants
- Conduct evaluations to ensure compliance with criteria for normal plasma donors
- Maintain communication logs regarding donor suitability
- Review normal and abnormal blood tests to determine continued donor suitability
- Counsel donors with abnormal test results and defer them accordingly
This Is Who You Are:
This Is What It Takes:
- An individual of strong character and demonstrated integrity
- A person committed to excellent customer service all day, every day
- Empathetic enough to understand and appreciate our donors
- Self-motivated and willing to assume the initiative
- Teachable with a desire to learn and advance
- Someone with positive energy, always willing to pitch in where needed
- Understanding, patient, and genuinely authentic
- Hungry to build a great career
This Is Why EMTs/Parmedics Love Working Here:
- Graduation from a recognized healthcare educational program
- Current licensure as an EMT Intermediate, Advanced, or Paramedic
- Current certification in CPR
- Ability to educate donors, staff, and community regarding our plasma donation program
- A high degree of organization, team orientation, flexibility, and comfort working with a diverse group of people within a very busy medical environment
- Basic computer proficiency; Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Blood bank or plasma center experience highly preferred
- One or more years of hospital, field care, or plasma center experience preferred
Do Satisfying Work. Earn Real Rewards and Benefits.
- We offer typically better pay and benefits than hospitals
- Our team is immersed in a setting of constant, exciting change
- Excellent teamwork/friendly co-workers
- Supportive environment
- Strong ethical standards
- Opportunities for advancement
We're widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who truly want you to grow and excel.
More About Octapharma Plasma, Inc.
- Formal training
- Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness program
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Company-paid holidays
- Personal time
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way, while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch. Interested? Learn more online and apply now at: octapharmahiring.com And if you know someone else who'd be a great fit at Octapharma Plasma, Inc., please forward this posting along. INNER SATISFACTION. OUTSTANDING IMPACT.
Associated topics: emergency department, ems, emt, emt b, emt i, emt p, paramedic, pmt, technician basic, technician emergency
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...