The Analyst will be part of the Direct Group's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and will have responsibility for the financial planning, budgeting, expense analysis and forecasting processes across the Direct Group in Plymouth Rock. The successful candidate will participate in a range of analytical and data analysis activities which will allow departments within Direct Group to enhance their understanding of financial and operational results, leading to increased efficiencies and operating at lower expense levels.
The position level will depend on the individual's experience and skill level.
* Supports the P&A manager with the various financial, reporting, and planning needs of Direct Group.
* Assists in coordinating the annual planning and budgeting processes for the Direct Group.
* Reviews monthly expense allocations by function, preparing variance analysis and reforecast of year-end levels.
* Works closely with various departments, updating the recurring reports needed to monitor, analyze, and report on financial results.
* Develops ad hoc exhibits in response to questions to better focus on areas of interest, offering opinions as appropriate.
* Maintains knowledge base of data sources and definitions, performing analysis as needed to identify drivers and trends.
* Other ad hoc work as required.
* Relevant planning and analysis and/or insurance industry experience.
* Intrinsic sense of urgency with ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and drive results.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
* High level of intellectual curiosity.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex issues.
* Excellent MS Excel skills. Interest in learning SQL queries in T-SQL.
* Tableau skills or knowledge a plus.
* Needs to be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Process orientation with a continuous improvement mindset.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Five to six years' relevant work experience.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university. Commensurate financial, analytical experience will be considered.
Associated topics: analyse, analyst, analyze, bi, business analytic, business intelligence, forecasting, investment analytics, refinement, regulation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.