PARAMEDIC - ALBUQUERQUE AMBULANCE SERVICES
Compensation: $34,240.00 - $49,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Overview Paramedic - Albuquerque Ambulance Service Overview Job Description
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours **Offering $7.5k Sign-on Bonus & $6k Relocation Bonus Summary:
Work with a dedicated team of paramedics and EMTs to provide pre-hospital emergency care and transportation for injured and/or ill patients to citywide hospitals. The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent patient service skills, be able to work well under pressure with little supervision and make quick decisions about patient health and safety.
Throughout Albuquerque Ambulance Service's nearly 50 years of operations, we have dedicated our efforts to ensuring we provide quality patient care, but also are creating a community of employees who truly enjoy their jobs and living in New Mexico. Our family atmosphere, full scope of benefits, tuition assistance, scholarships, and career advancement opportunities are just a small part of how we make our employees happy and excited to work with us. CHAT LIVE
with an Albuquerque Ambulance Paramedic recruiter every Thursday! Register now . CHAT LIVE
with an Albuquerque Ambulance Paramedic recruiter every Thursday! Register now by clicking on this link: Responsibilities
- Maintains current working knowledge and certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Maintains positive communications and collaboration with emergency department physicians and staff regarding the definitive therapy administered to patients being delivered for emergency care at their facility.
- Documentation of patient care using current computerized patient documentation system.
- Assists in the instruction of emergency medical services (EMS) students to provide for positive work-related experiences.
- Attendance at departmental staff meetings and/or in-service educational programs while keeping current with developments in the field through participation in seminars, workshops and/or publications.
- Proactively utilizes best practices to minimize response and drop times.
- High school/GED, current New Mexico driver's license is required (out-of-state candidates have 30 days from date of hire to obtain) without relevant restrictions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a driving record insurable per Presbyterian policy
- Requires certification in defensive driving techniques
- Must possess and maintain a State of New Mexico Paramedic certification in good standing
- Must maintain all required certifications (i.e., ACLS, BLS, DOT certification)
- Must be up to date with FEMA 100, 200, 700 courses
- Ability to perform CPR and all skills associated with paramedic licensure
Benefits are day-one effective and include full medical, dental and vision insurance, a robust wellness program, retirement plans with matching employer contributions, and more .
We also offer assistance with continuing education and career development, have an on-staff medical director, and a resident therapy dog. About Albuquerque Ambulance Service
Albuquerque Ambulance Service was founded in 1972 and is a division of Presbyterian Healthcare Services a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Presbyterian is New Mexico's largest private employer with more than 11,000 employees statewide.
As the largest and busiest emergency and non-emergency medical service provider in New Mexico, we provide advance life support, critical care transportation, mobile integrated health in the community, and a full fleet maintenance and logistics team that keeps ambulances turn-key and ready to go.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Associated topics: ems, emt, emt i, life, lpct, paramedic, service technician, technician iii, technician iv, technician basic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...