Saia in Carlisle, PA
- Industry: Firefighting - Dispatcher
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $38,940.00 - 52,950.00 / Year*
Is your career taking you where you want to go?
When it began in 1924, Saia (NASDAQ: SAIA) covered a two-state area: Louisiana and Texas. Today, Saia is one of the most successful carriers in the United States, providing regional and interregional LTL, non-asset truckload service, and third-party logistics. Headquartered in Johns Creek, GA, Saia is a growing corporation offering the best-in-class benefits and opportunities to inspire every member of our team. With over 9,000 employees dedicated to their jobs and our customers, you may discover your own career path at Saia.
The road to a great career starts with Saia!
Today, Saia's network of 153 terminals covers 39 states in the U.S. as well as Canada. Through our network of partners, we serve the balance of the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii, plus Puerto Rico and Mexico. Through our three operating service groups - Saia LTL, Linkex, and Saia Logistics Services - we provide complete transportation and logistics solutions.
As a company, Saia is dedicated to providing every employee the opportunity and environment to continue to grow and contribute, individually and as part of a team. Perhaps that is why the average employee tenure at Saia is 8 years, nearly twice the national average, and why more than 300 employees have been with us for over 20 years.
City Dispatcher / Driver Dispatcher
Ready to take your career in the transportation industry to the next level? Do you have LTL transportation dispatch experience? Then join the operations team at Saia, one of the most successful LTL carriers in the U.S. Working for Saia means the opportunity to partner with a successful company and enjoy stability and security for you and your family.
But don t just take our word for it, here s what some of our employees have to say:
Great perks for the employees, the company grasps the concept of take care of your employees and your business will succeed ." Current Employee
As long as you have the ambition and the drive, there s no limit to where you can succeed within Saia." - Current Employee
If you are looking for an amazing opportunity with a growing company, great benefits and competitive salary, apply today!
- You re an expert at customer resolutions. Managing multiple task and priorities to achieve goals is what you do best; and that s why we want you on our team.
- As a City Dispatcher you will be responsible for coordinating timely movement of freight to meet customer demands, by dispatching, supervising, and scheduling pickup and delivery of freight.
- Supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading trucks and in moving and storing materials or products
- Training new employees in job duties
- Ensuring all work is performed according to company approved procedures, standards and specifications
- Providing a clean, safe environment for all personnel and visiting customers
- 1+ year of transportation and/or dispatch experience
- Bachelor degree
- Knowledge of AS400
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
At Saia, your success is our success! That s why we work hard to provide you with what you need to build an awesome career. We are committed to rewarding superior employee performance so that when you work hard, your achievements won t go unnoticed.
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Health Insurance with Medical, Rx & Vision
- Dental Insurance
- Free Life Insurance
- Free Short-term Disability
- 401(k) with immediate vesting & company match
- Immediate eligibility for Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation days and Personal/Sick Days
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Credit Union
At Saia Inc., success comes down to taking care of the people who matter most our customers, our employees and our shareholders. The rest will take care of itself.
"Provide best-in-class service as defined by our customers through quality processes in an environment that respects employees, advocates safety, recognizes excellence, and builds shareholder value."
Associated topics: 911, ambulance, call, customer service, dispatcher, emd, emt, police, public safety, telecommunicator
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Carlisle, PA!