POLICE DISPATCHER - PRN
Compensation: $42,840.00 - $57,970.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
- Hours: PRN - Evenings, nights, weekends as needed
- Position summary:
- Dispatchers are responsible for maintaining Protection Services shift communication to include answering requests for assistance via telephone, intercom, or radio. The Dispatcher is also responsible for maintaining logs and reports, monitoring surveillance cameras, alarms, and the fire alarm system, completing associate IDs, fingerprinting, drug testing and basic clerical support to the department. The Dispatcher needs to have the ability to perform multiple tasks while applying the appropriate priority levels to each.
- High school graduate. Prefer OPOTA or equivalent training certificate for Dispatchers. Prefer associates degree.
- Required length and type of experience:
- Prefer one year of law enforcement/security dispatching experience. Must have a basic understanding of computers to include all Microsoft applications. Prefer experience with LEADS, CRIS, and OHLEG.
- Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Prefer certification as a LEADS operator (Law Enforcement Automated Data system).
Associated topics: 911, call, call center, command center, communication, communication specialist, dispatcher, fire, hospital, phone
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...